The soft inflorescences take their name from the Latin words penna and seta meaning feather-bristle. This alluring grass is a favorite, distinguished by arching, feathery bottlebrush flowers spilling over a cascading mound of foliage. A warm season grower, Fountain Grass welcomes hot weather and is widely distributed in both tropical and temperate areas.
AVAILABLE APRIL 2022
Adored by birds, floral designers and grass enthusiasts, a plethora of long, thick, dark reddish purple blooms softens ‘Ginger Love’s graceful mounding habit. The substantial bottlebrush-like inflorescences put on a fluffy late summer gala above narrow flowing green blades that signal autumn with warm coppery-bronze hues. This Intrinsic Perennial Gardens’ introduction develops a smaller clump than Pennisetum ‘Red Head’ and can be readily nudged into plantings where space is a premium, lending textural accents to containers, rockeries, mixed borders and water garden peripheries. (pp#26,442)
Size: 2' 0" – 3' 0" high x 2' 0" – 3' 0" wide.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Foxtrot’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Cassian’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Hameln’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Moudry’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Piglet’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Red Head’
- Pennisetum ‘Fairy Tails’
- Pennisetum massaicum ‘Red Buttons’
- Pennisetum orientale
- Pennisetum orientale ‘Karley Rose’
- Pennisetum orientale ‘Tall Tails’
- Pennisetum slopeduroides ‘JS Jommenik’
- Pennisetum spathiolatum