Lumen Gold Fountain Grass
The soft inflorescences take their name from the Latin words penna and seta meaning feather-bristle. This alluring grass is a favorite, distinguished by arching, feathery bottlebrush flowers spilling over a cascading mound of foliage. A warm season grower, Fountain Grass welcomes hot weather and is widely distributed in both tropical and temperate areas.
Springing forth as a gilded sport of Pennisetum ‘Gelbstiel’ in Jan Spruyt’s Belgian nursery, this splendid rounded Fountain grass boasts a Midas touch. Neat compact foliage transmutes golden springtime tones that mature to chartreuse, then transform to light green once summer’s heat takes hold. The no-fuss small-sized clump packs a wallop of bling for containers or space-thrifty niches, while fluffy tail-style khaki-colored plumes perched on 2 ft. tall stalks add blithe appeal. (pp#27,435)
Size: 2' 0" high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 6.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Foxtrot’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Cassian’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Ginger Love’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Hameln’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Moudry’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Piglet’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Red Head’
- Pennisetum ‘Fairy Tails’
- Pennisetum massaicum ‘Red Buttons’
- Pennisetum orientale
- Pennisetum orientale ‘Karley Rose’
- Pennisetum orientale ‘Tall Tails’
- Pennisetum spathiolatum