The soft inflorescences take their name from the Latin words penna and seta meaning feather-bristle. This alluring grass is a favorite, distinguished by arching, feathery bottlebrush flowers spilling over a cascading mound of foliage. A warm season grower, Fountain Grass welcomes hot weather and is widely distributed in both tropical and temperate areas.
Pennisetum orientale ‘Karley Rose’ (G-0454)
Vastly superior to the species, ‘Karley Rose’ heralds darker, larger and longer lasting blooms, deeper green leaves and improved winter hardiness. A bevy of full pouffy inflorescences, painted in hazy rose-purple shades, flows from a uniform, dense, arching base that exudes elegance, bestows bright yellow autumn color and needs little attention. Well-loved by garden designers, flower arrangers and birds, this outstanding Pennisetum orientale sport was discovered by David Skwat at Sunny Border Nursery and named for his daughter. (pp#12,909)
Size: 3' 0" high x 2-1/2' wide.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Foxtrot’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Cassian’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Ginger Love’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Hameln’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Moudry’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Piglet’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Red Head’
- Pennisetum ‘Fairy Tails’
- Pennisetum massaicum ‘Red Buttons’
- Pennisetum orientale
- Pennisetum orientale ‘Tall Tails’
- Pennisetum slopeduroides ‘JS Jommenik’
- Pennisetum spathiolatum