Innovative landscape architect Wolfgang Oehme, who included more than a million ornamental grasses in his designs, considered Molinias to be some of the very best performers of them all. Certainly the most kinetically exciting grass, Molinia’s dense arching tufts of deep green foliage offer sturdy stems holding delicate panicles that eventually age to a straw color and last for months. To heighten the drama, consider providing plenty of room and a dark background.
An exquisite German selection of Moor Grass, this Molinia’s wispy, flaxen-hued inflorescences nimbly prance on 2 ft. slender stems above a pleasing, compact clump of arching and slender green blades. ‘Moorflamme’ turns a vivid orange-red in autumn and clearly proclaims its colorful intensity.
Size: 4' 0" high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Bergfreund’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Cordoba’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Karl Foerster’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Skyracer’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Staefa’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. caerulea ‘Heidebraut’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. caerulea ‘Strahlenquelle’
- Molinia caerulea ‘Dauerstrahl’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. caerulea ‘Edith Dudszus’
- Molinia caerulea ‘Moorhexe’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. caerulea ‘Purple Infusion’
- Molinia caerulea ‘Transparent’
- Molinia caerulea var. caerulea ‘Variegata’
- Molinia litoralis ‘Windspiel’