Derived from the Italian primaverola, the name of this genus pays homage to the way its often early blossoms welcome spring. Many of the more than 400 species are at home in the moist climates of England, New Zealand and the Pacific Coast. The selections we offer are cold-hardy, yet will need ample water in warmer locales. Lovely planted en masse, Primroses are ideal for woodland gardens, damp borders, by a pond or streamside.
The beguiling bounty of ruffled and true-blue double posies dallies just above ‘Blue Sapphire’s reliable partially evergreen basal clump that’s defined by no-fuss textured green leaves. Hailing from France’s Barnhaven Nursery, this classic well-loved Primula can be cozied alongside fellow shade enthusiasts such as Pulmonaria ‘Benediction’ and Corydalis ‘China Blue’ for a sensational cerulean splash.
Size: 4" – 6" high x 6" wide.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Primula elatior ‘Victorian Gold Lace Black’
- Primula beesiana
- Primula x bulleesiana
- Primula bulleyana
- Primula capitata ssp. mooreana
- Primula capitata ‘Salvana’
- Primula cockburniana
- Primula denticulata var. Alba
- Primula denticulata ‘Blue Selection’
- Primula ‘Dunbeg’
- Primula elatior x ‘Silver Lace Purple’
- Primula elatior ‘Victoriana Gold Lace Red’
- Primula ‘Elizabeth Killelay’
- Primula florindae
- Primula marginata ‘Mauve Mist’
- Primula x polyantha ‘Dawn Ansell’
- Primula polyanthus ‘Francesca’
- Primula polyneura
- Primula rosea ‘Gigas’
- Primula ‘Sue Jervis’
- Primula vialii
- Primula vulgaris ssp. sibthorpii
- Primula vulgaris ‘Double Lilac’
- Primula vulgaris ‘Sunshine Susie’
- Primula waltonii