These stunning plants add an exotic touch to the border and a refined look to any flower arrangement with their elaborate blend of vivaciously colored and intricately marked flowers. The Lily-like blooms are borne in large heads above bushy spreading clumps of linear foliage. Thriving in well-drained soil, Alstroemerias need protection from intense sun and extreme winters. Mulch heavily in colder areas or try planting in a container, bringing them into a cool garden room for the winter.
PREORDER FOR APRIL 2023
Boasting a compact tailored habit, improved winter hardiness and a generous long-lasting floral fete, this sunshine-colored beauty is a recent member of the Majestic series from breeder Turcieflor in the Loire Valley of France. Firm stems clothed in lusty lance-shaped green foliage bolster the ample terminal clusters of funnel-shaped canary-yellow blooms with rose-colored blushes plus burgundy striations, which serve as nectar-guides for beneficial pollinators. Loose well-drained soil, regular dead-heading and adequate winter protection around 10° ensure ‘Layon’s good health and bountiful blossoms.
Size: 2-1/2' – 3' 0" high x 2' 0" & spreading wide.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Alstroemeria ‘Casablanca’
- Alstroemeria ‘Champagne’
- Alstroemeria ‘Compact Red’
- Alstroemeria ‘Duchess d’Anjou Beatrice’
- Alstroemeria ‘Dusty Rose’
- Alstroemeria ‘Henry’s Violet’
- Alstroemeria ‘Lavender Blush’
- Alstroemeria ‘Marjorie’s Hybrid’
- Alstroemeria ‘Meyer’s Rose’
- Alstroemeria ‘Princess Victoria’
- Alstroemeria ‘Princess Fabiana’
- Alstroemeria ‘Princess Lilian’
- Alstroemeria ‘Rachel’
- Alstroemeria ‘Red Valley’
- Alstroemeria ‘Sweet Laura’
- Alstroemeria ‘Third Harmonic’
- Alstroemeria violacea ‘Yellow Friendship’