These elegant perennials impart a lofty vertical element to the late summer garden. Adorned with distinctive narrow spires of densely-arranged tiny flowers, Veronicastrum are native to meadows and woodlands, and are simple to grow in adequately-moist soil.
True to its name, this singular undemanding Coen Jansen introduction asserts deep rosy-red buds squeezed onto a central spike, surrounded by slightly smaller side stalks all opening at the same time and presenting a unique arrow shape. Cherished by bees and butterflies, the striking spires unfurl a score of tiny violet flowers, while whorled lanceolate leaves attire tall strong stems. A glamorous upright mainstay for any planting, ‘Red Arrows’ soars amongst Phlox ‘Nicky’ and Sedum ‘Matrona’ in a meadow-like setting or a more formal landscape.
Size: 4' 0" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Veronicastrum sibiricum
- Veronicastrum virginicum
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Adoration’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Album’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Apollo’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Challenger’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Erica’
- Veronicastrum virginicum f. roseum ‘Pink Glow’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Fascination’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Lavendelturm’