These stunning plants add an exotic touch to the border and a refined look to any flower arrangement with their elaborate blend of vivaciously colored and intricately marked flowers. The Lily-like blooms are borne in large heads above bushy spreading clumps of linear foliage. Thriving in well-drained soil, Alstroemerias need protection from intense sun and extreme winters. Mulch heavily in colder areas or try planting in a container, bringing them into a cool garden room for the winter.
AVAILABLE MARCH 2022
A passionate drama is played out when this cultivar’s seductive blooms unfurl in sassy shades of bright red with scarlet overtones. Staged above thick, ribbed green foliage, the bold floral presentation is heightened by cocoa-colored streaks amid primrose-yellow splashes on the upper petals. ‘Valley Red’ produces flowers that are far more sultry than ‘Princess Victoria’s and makes a sublime companion for reddish chocolate-leafed Eupatorium ‘Chocolate’.
Size: 2-1/2' high x 2' 0" & spreading wide.
Hardy to zone 8.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Alstroemeria ‘Casablanca’
- Alstroemeria ‘Champagne’
- Alstroemeria ‘Compact Red’
- Alstroemeria ‘Dusty Rose’
- Alstroemeria ‘Henry’s Violet’
- Alstroemeria ‘Lavender Blush’
- Alstroemeria ‘Marjorie’s Hybrid’
- Alstroemeria ‘Meyer’s Rose’
- Alstroemeria ‘Princess Victoria’
- Alstroemeria ‘Princess Fabiana’
- Alstroemeria ‘Rachel’
- Alstroemeria ‘Sweet Laura’
- Alstroemeria ‘Third Harmonic’
- Alstroemeria violacea ‘Yellow Friendship’