Japanese Snowball Viburnum
Our graceful Viburnum selections promise lovely spring blooms, winsome deciduous greenery and an enduring cold-hardiness. Preferring sun or part shade plus adequately-moist garden soil, these easily grown shrubs can be lodged in large containers and shrubby borders, or highlighted as stellar specimens and planted en masse.
Cushioned amid tiered branches and tailored forest green leaves, apple green buds herald a generous floral pageantry of luxe globe-shaped rose-pink blooms that often develop ivory and blush tones upon maturity. The broad pleated deciduous leaves lend textural accents, unfurling with bronzed-burgundy tones and flushing with plum and cardinal shades in autumn. Undemanding and quick to develop, this upright rounded shrub can be featured as a grand specimen beneath a tall, somewhat open canopy or grouped as an attractive backdrop for mixed borders and other plantings.
Size: 6' 0" – 8' 0" high x 6' 0" – 8' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Viburnum x burkwoodii ‘Anne Russell’
- Viburnum x burkwoodii ‘Conoy’
- Viburnum x burkwoodii ‘Mohawk’
- Viburnum carlesii
- Viburnum carlesii ‘Diana’
- Viburnum ‘Cayuga’
- Viburnum opulus ‘Smnvodr’
- Viburnum plicatum f. tomentosum ‘Molly Schroeder’
- Viburnum plicatum var. tomentosum ‘Shasta’
- Viburnum plicatum f plicatum ‘Popcorn’
- Viburnum plicatum f tomentosum ‘Summer Snowflake’