Chock-full of oomph and charisma, Phlox are enduring warm weather beacons, appreciating moist well-drained soil, frequent deadheading and deep basal waterings, while periodic thinning to just 4 or 6 stalks ensures healthier paniculata cultivars.
Earning 4 stars at the Chicago Botanic Garden’s Phlox trials, this well-endowed beauty premiers large scented pyramidal trusses poised in glamorous repose atop stiff steadfast stems and slender lance-shaped green leaves. Dark pinkish purple shades, which intensify as the plant matures, saturate the tight set velvet-rich flowers, composed of individual florets, each with a tubular corolla and 5 flat petal-like lobes. A popular attraction for winged visitors and a perfect choice for bouquets, ‘Nicky’ can be planted near Filipendula rubra ‘Venusta’ and Eupatorium ‘Gateway’.
Size: 3' 0" – 4' 0" high x 2' 0" – 3' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Phlox x arendsii ‘Miss Mary’
- Phlox divaricata ssp. laphamii ‘Chattahoochee’
- Phlox divaricata ‘London Grove Blue’
- Phlox divaricata ‘May Breeze’
- Phlox glaberrima var. triflora ‘Forever Pink’
- Phlox glaberrima ‘Morris Berd’
- Phlox ‘Minnie Pearl’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Blue Paradise’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’s Lavender’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Jeana’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Juliglut’