A profusion of oblong, catkin-like blooms resides above decorative pinnate foliage, generating interest for months. Happiest in a sunny spot where the soil stays moist, these hearty perennials offer contrasting clarity to softer, less defined forms in borders or in more naturalized plantings.
AVAILABLE SPRING 2022
Buoyed by lanky branching stems, a plethora of long finger-shaped raspberry-hued inflorescences first emerge in a nearly horizontal fashion, then artfully curve and become more pendulous with age. Light pink stamens lend an intriguing bicolored effect to the tight long-lasting blooms that mesmerize butterflies and hummingbirds above slender, pinnate green leaves sporting finely serrated margins. A tall upright perennial native to moist Asiatic meadows, ‘Pink Elephant’s airy textural demeanor can be massed or planted singularly in borders as well as more naturalized venues.
Blooms July–early October
Size: 3' 0" – 5' 0" high x 2' 0" – 3' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Sanguisorba ‘Blackthorn’
- Sanguisorba ‘Burr Blanc’
- Sanguisorba ‘Cangshan Cranberry’
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis ‘Lilac Squirrel’
- Sanguisorba menziesii
- Sanguisorba menziesii ‘Wake Up’
- Sanguisorba obtusa
- Sanguisorba officinalis
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Arnhem’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Chocolate Tip’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Crimson Queen’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Martin’s Mulberry’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Red Thunder’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Pink Tanna’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Alba’