In the Middle Ages, Lavender was a chief ingredient in the famous “Four Thieves” vinegar, and today no classic sachet or potpourri would be complete without it.
We use Lavenders in every garden we design. Dependable and drought tolerant, their strikingly handsome flowers, whether white or blue, pink, violet or purple, offer a heady aroma and an upright spiky look, while the foliage forms a pleasing mound during the off season. In the herb garden, border or rockery, they combine well with grasses, perennials or other shrubs. If the plants are cut back in late June, many cultivars will produce a second bloom in autumn.
AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2018
‘Buena Vista’ tops many gardeners’ favorite ornamental Lavender list for its unequaled graceful stance plus oodles of sweetly fragrant, saturated purple flowers, blooming both early summer and fall. Not as densely arranged and somewhat more relaxed than most angustifolia species, long slender spikes carry pubescent intensely dark violet-blue calyces coupled with large, vibrant purplish blueberry-colored corollas above a bushy medium-sized grayish green foundation. Introduced by Don Roberts of Premier Botanicals, this irresistible, seldom offered English Lavender dons year-round classic good looks, yields abundant commercial-grade oil and makes a savory seasoning to boot.
Size: 18" – 2' 0" high x 18" – 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Lavandula x ‘Ana Luisa’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Ellagance Purple’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Graves’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Imperial Gem’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Miss Katherine’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Premier’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Thumbelina Leigh’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Victorian Amethyst’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Violet Intrigue’
- Lavandula ‘England’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Gros Bleu’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Grosso’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Hidcote Giant’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Lullingstone Castle’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Phenomenal' ('Niko') ™’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Provence’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Super’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘White Spikes’
- Lavandula ‘Lisa Marie’
- Lavandula ‘Richard Gray’
- Lavandula ‘Silver Frost’
- Lavandula stoechas ‘Helmsdale’
- Lavandula stoechas ‘Ivory Crown’
- Lavandula stoechas ‘Madrid Blue’
- Lavandula stoechas ssp. luisieri ‘Tickled Pink’
- Lavandula stoechas ‘Willow Vale’