Viburnum, whether evergreen or deciduous, is certainly a shrub for all seasons: there’s ‘Diana’ to usher in spring and ‘Summer Snowflake’ adorning graduation and June weddings. Blazing with autumn color, and all bearing lustrous fruit through winter to attract feathered visitors, these graceful shrubs exhibit an enduring cold hardiness.
They prefer rich, moist soil and bloom best in full sun, but can also tolerate partial shade.
AVAILABLE SPRING 2019
A 1957 recipient of the RHS Award of Merit, dense mounding ‘Anne Russell’ boasts pink buds and copious, domed 3 in. wide, waxy white flowers, which exude the most divine scent. Glossy dark green leaves end the season with luscious crimson-purple autumnal hues. This well-loved Viburnum can be ensconced near a patio, or utilized as an informal hedge or semideciduous specimen in a shrubby border. Be sure to indulge in her sweet scent.
Size: 6' 0" high x 8' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Viburnum x burkwoodii ‘Conoy’
- Viburnum x burkwoodii ‘Mohawk’
- Viburnum carlesii
- Viburnum carlesii ‘Diana’
- Viburnum ‘Cayuga’
- Viburnum opulus ‘Smnvodr’
- Viburnum plicatum f. tomentosum ‘Molly Schroeder’
- Viburnum plicatum var. tomentosum ‘'Shasta'’
- Viburnum plicatum f plicatum ‘Popcorn’
- Viburnum plicatum f tomentosum ‘Summer Snowflake’