Kennedy Irish Primrose Series
Derived from the Italian primaverola, the name of this genus pays homage to the way its early blossoms welcome the spring. Many of the more than 400 species are at home in the moist climates of England, New Zealand and the Pacific Coast. The species we offer are cold hardy but can do well in warmer climates so long as they have ample soil moisture. Lovely in drifts, try planting them in a woodland garden, by a pond or streamside.
Cushioned by a dashing dark foil of deeply veined purplish bronze-laced foliage, the dainty soft apricot-hued flowers crest short firm stems, while showcasing slightly ruffled creamy edges plus golden eyes. In addition to the spectacular coloration, this floriferous Primrose's hardy, mostly evergreen habit is ideal in containers or easily viewed jewel-box plantings, savoring bright humus-rich, well-drained crannies.
Size: 6" high x 6" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Primula bulleyana
- Primula capitata ssp. mooreana
- Primula capitata ‘Salvana’
- Primula denticulata var. Alba
- Primula denticulata ‘Blue Selection’
- Primula elatior x ‘Silver Lace Purple’
- Primula elatior ‘Victoriana Gold Lace Red’
- Primula ‘Elizabeth Killelay’
- Primula florindae
- Primula marginata ‘Mauve Mist’
- Primula x polyantha ‘Dawn Ansell’
- Primula polyneura
- Primula rosea ‘Gigas’
- Primula vialii
- Primula vulgaris ‘Double Lilac’
- Primula waltonii