The enchantingly speckled foliage of the Pulmonarias we offer looks great all winter. One of the earliest plants to bloom, you can be picking its urn shaped flowers in February when the rest of the garden still slumbers.
Plant easy-to-grow Pulmonarias in the lacy light of a woodland setting, in cool, moist soil. They are excellent noninvasive ground covers.
Lance-shaped dark green leaves create a handsome solid-colored bed for nodding clusters of vivid cobalt blue funnel-shaped flowers atop short stalks. Granted a four star score at the Chicago Botanic Garden’s Pulmonaria trials, ‘Blaues Meer’s vigorous enduring clump makes a verdant statement beneath Spiraea ‘Ogon’.
Size: 8" – 10" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pulmonaria ‘Apple Frost’
- Pulmonaria ‘Benediction’
- Pulmonaria ‘Berries and Cream’
- Pulmonaria ‘Diana Clare’
- Pulmonaria ‘Excalibur’
- Pulmonaria ‘Little Star’
- Pulmonaria longifolia ssp. cevennensis
- Pulmonaria longifolia ‘Bertram Anderson’
- Pulmonaria ‘Majesté’
- Pulmonaria ‘Opal’
- Pulmonaria ‘Roy Davidson’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Dora Bielefeld’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Highdown’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Sissinghurst White’
- Pulmonaria ‘Silver Streamers’
- Pulmonaria ‘Trevi Fountain’