Among the most exuberantly blooming plants this side of the Mississippi, Penstemon is part of the enchantment of the West. A member of the Snapdragon family, even cultivated varieties retain a natural air, with dainty, long trumpet flowers and five (pent) prominent stamens.
Sturdy and easily grown, species vary from 1 to 5 ft. tall, and range in color from white to pink to purple to deep wine redone for every sunny spot. Trim after the first bloom to encourage a repeat flowering, and cut to the crown in winter for bushy growth next season.
Maroon-dappled white throats embellish a copious showing of large rosy purple blossoms, emphasizing a vivid coloration, that’s not too dark and tips that aren’t so widely flared. With long and lustrous, deep green tapered leaves and red-infused stems, Enor’s well-branched upright frame makes an urbane statement in a mixed planting, and looks especially upbeat when positioned near cool blooming perennials like Agastache ‘Black Adder’ and Veronicastrum ‘Lavendelturm’.
Blooms June – September.
Size: 2' 0" – 3' 0" high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 7.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Penstemon ‘Alice Hindley’
- Penstemon ‘Bev Jensen’
- Penstemon ‘Blackbird’
- Penstemon ‘Blue Midnight’
- Penstemon x iapas x ‘Hidalgo’
- Penstemon ‘Dark Towers’
- Penstemon ‘Elizabeth Cozzens’’
- Penstemon ‘Geoff Hamilton’
- Penstemon ‘Ghent Purple’
- Penstemon ‘Gilchrist’
- Penstemon gloxinioides ‘White Bedder’
- Penstemon heterophyllus ‘Züriblau’
- Penstemon ‘Hidcote Pink’
- Penstemon ‘King George V’
- Penstemon x mexicali ‘Pike’s Peak Purple’
- Penstemon x mexicali ‘Red Rocks’
- Penstemon x mexicali ‘Sunburst Amethyst’
- Penstemon x mexicali ‘Sunburst Ruby’
- Penstemon ‘Port Wine’
- Penstemon ‘Purple Tiger’
- Penstemon ‘Raven’
- Penstemon ‘Schoenholzeri’
- Penstemon ‘Stapleford Gem’
- Penstemon ‘Thorn’
- Penstemon ‘Violet Kissed’
- Penstemon virgatus ‘Blue Buckle’