Named after Euphorbus, physician to the king of Mauritania, this robust, sun-loving genus includes the familiar Poinsettia and is over 1600 species strong. Most species have a poisonous milky sap and softly colored bracts that surround subtly defined flowers. Autumn watches their narrow green leaves turn shades of red, orange and yellow.
A gorgeous medley of deep burgundy, bronzy maroon and ruby red suffuses this Euphorbia's head turning foliage. Cresting a well-groomed base defined by plush evergreen leaves and sturdy stems, plentiful ebullient chartreuse blooms provide vivid contrast. Compact, hardy and downright irresistible ‘Ruby Glow’ can be nestled near the front of the border, along a pathway or showcased in a patio container. (uspp#22,200)
Size: 12" – 18" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 6.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Euphorbia ‘Blue Haze’
- Euphorbia ‘Canyon Gold’
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii ssp. wulfenii ‘John Tomlinson’
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii ‘Lambrook Gold’
- Euphorbia characias ‘Red Wing’
- Euphorbia ‘Copton Ash’
- Euphorbia ‘Dean’s Hybrid’
- Euphorbia donii (Dixter Form)
- Euphorbia ‘Excalibur’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Fern Cottage’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Fireglow’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Great Dixter’
- Euphorbia ‘Helen Robinson’
- Euphorbia ‘Jade Dragon’
- Euphorbia ‘Limewall’
- Euphorbia longifolia
- Euphorbia mellifera
- Euphorbia myrsinites
- Euphorbia polychroma ‘Candy’
- Euphorbia rigida
- Euphorbia sikkimensis