Wielded by man since prehistoric times, Poppies have long been associated with sleep and oblivion, and after the First World War, the Flower of Forgetfulness ironically evolved into a symbol for remembrance. Generally distinguished by nodding buds, solitary fleeting flowers gracing long stems, and decorative seed heads, these sun-lovers appreciate a lean, well drained and somewhat dry position.
AVAILABLE SPRING 2019
Dressed to the nines, ‘Turkenlouis’ puts on the Ritz with a lusty abundance of 4 to 6 in. wide, fiery red flowers. Dark purple stamens embroider a pronounced raven-hued center that clutches gossamerlike, deeply fringed petals. Modeled above thick strong stems and smoky green leaves, the high-fashion blooms guarantee a loyal summertime following.
Size: 2-1/2' high x 20" wide.
Hardy to zone 3.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Papaver atlanticum ‘Flore Pleno’
- Papaver orientale ‘Allegro’
- Papaver orientale ‘Beauty of Livermere’
- Papaver orientale ‘Harlem’
- Papaver orientale ‘Marlene’
- Papaver orientale ‘Mrs Perry’
- Papaver orientale ‘Patty’s Plum’
- Papaver orientale ‘Princess Victoria Louise’
- Papaver orientale ‘Royal Wedding’
- Papaver orientale ‘Snow Goose’
- Papaver spicatum