The definitive bellflower, Campanulas melt your heart as they ring in the summer. The genus includes nearly 300 species, from dainty miniatures to stalwart uprights; we can’t resist using them in almost every garden design. Campanulas prefer filtered sun inland, full sun on the coast.
A cascading river of blue-violet, star-shaped blooms emanates from this low-to the-ground, vigorous beauty. Opening from pointy ribbed buds, each soothing, cool-colored flower is highlighted by a subtle white eye, amid good-looking toothed foliage that is darker and more tidy than the species. ‘Blue Waterfall’ is tailor-made for tumbling over walls or creeping along steps, can handle some drought once established and is basically trouble free. (pp#13161)
Size: 8" – 10" high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Campanula alliariifolia
- Campanula barbata
- Campanula ‘Birch Hybrid’
- Campanula carpatica var. turbinata var. turbinata
- Campanula garganica ‘Dickson’s Gold’
- Campanula glomerata ‘Caroline’
- Campanula ‘Kent Belle’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Avalanche’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Loddon Anna’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Pouffe’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Prichard’s Variety’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘White Pouffe’
- Campanula latiloba ‘Alba’
- Campanula portenschlagiana
- Campanula poscharskyana ‘E. H. Frost’
- Campanula poscharskyana ‘Stella’
- Campanula punctata ‘Cherry Bells’
- Campanula ‘Purple Sensation’
- Campanula ‘Sarastro’
- Campanula sarmatica
- Campanula takesimana
- Campanula trachelium ‘Bernice’