Sometime around May a certain fragrance tells us that itís time for sunny days and warm weather. Itís Nepeta! Catmint, as it is commonly called, is a free bloomer whose billowy mounds of lavender, pink or white flowers are as opulent as its aromatic foliage.
Supposedly, this herb renders timid people fierce, and the botanist Tournefort tells of a hangman who couldnít cut the mustard ďtil he chewed a little catmint root.Ē Make sure you have some Loosestrife around in case things get out of hand.
Cut back in July for an encore in the fall.
A snowy divergence from the blue-violet hues typical of its family members, small white whorled flowers blanket a compact, soft-looking mound of serrated, gray-green leaves all summer. Well-suited for edging a path or border, Nepeta ‘Snowflake’ casts composed accents on neighbors like Origanum acutidens and Penstemon ‘Blue Midnight’.
Size: 12" – 15" high x 12" – 15" wide.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Nepeta ‘Blue Dragon’
- Nepeta faassenii ‘Kit Kat’
- Nepeta x faassenii ‘Purrsian Blue’
- Nepeta x faassenii ‘Select Blue’
- Nepeta grandiflora ‘Dawn to Dusk’
- Nepeta grandiflora ‘Wild Cat’
- Nepeta x ‘Joanna Reed’
- Nepeta latifolia
- Nepeta ‘Longipes’
- Nepeta nervosa
- Nepeta nuda ssp. albiflora
- Nepeta parnassica
- Nepeta ‘Pool Bank’
- Nepeta ‘Psfike (Little Trudy)™’
- Nepeta racemosa ‘Little Titch’
- Nepeta racemosa ‘Superba’
- Nepeta racemosa ‘Walker’s Low’
- Nepeta reichenbachiana
- Nepeta sibirica ‘Souvenir d’ A. Chaudron’
- Nepeta x ‘Six Hills Giant’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Blue Dreams’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Cool Cat’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Sweet Dreams’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Washfield’