Sometime around May a certain fragrance tells us that itís time for sunny days and warm weather. Itís Nepeta! Catmint, as it is commonly called, is a free bloomer whose billowy mounds of lavender, pink or white flowers are as opulent as its aromatic foliage.
Supposedly, this herb renders timid people fierce, and the botanist Tournefort tells of a hangman who couldnít cut the mustard ďtil he chewed a little catmint root.Ē Make sure you have some Loosestrife around in case things get out of hand.
Cut back in July for an encore in the fall.
AVAILABLE MID OCTOBER 2018
‘Little Titch’ has such a small stature that even Nepeta ‘Superba’ is more upright. With tightly packed gray-green leaves, it forms a low growing, dense mat. Adorning stem tips, small heads of rich blue flowers bloom all summer long. ‘Little Titch’ is delightful between rocks or up front in the border with Dracocephalum ‘Fuji White’ and Diascia ‘Coral Canyon’.
Size: 8" – 10" high x 15" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Nepeta ‘Blue Dragon’
- Nepeta faassenii ‘Kit Kat’
- Nepeta x faassenii ‘Purrsian Blue’
- Nepeta x faassenii ‘Select Blue’
- Nepeta grandiflora ‘Dawn to Dusk’
- Nepeta grandiflora ‘Wild Cat’
- Nepeta x ‘Joanna Reed’
- Nepeta ‘Longipes’
- Nepeta nervosa
- Nepeta nuda ssp. albiflora
- Nepeta parnassica
- Nepeta ‘Pool Bank’
- Nepeta ‘Psfike (Little Trudy)™’
- Nepeta racemosa ‘Superba’
- Nepeta racemosa ‘Walker’s Low’
- Nepeta reichenbachiana
- Nepeta sibirica ‘Souvenir d’ A. Chaudron’
- Nepeta x ‘Six Hills Giant’
- Nepeta ‘Snowflake’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Blue Dreams’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Cool Cat’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Sweet Dreams’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Washfield’