The definitive bellflower, Campanulas melt your heart as they ring in the summer. The genus includes nearly 300 species, from dainty miniatures to stalwart uprights; we can’t resist using them in almost every garden design. Campanulas prefer filtered sun inland, full sun on the coast.
You can’t see the foliage for the flowers in this soft puff of pale lavender-blue. We initially encountered this lovely dwarf Blooms of Bressingham selection of C. lactiflora nearly 30 years ago in a garden designed by Beatrix Ferrand, and we’re thrilled to have it available again. Conical panicles are packed with dainty bell-shaped blooms above a compact lush-looking medium green mound. For foliar contrast and a classic combination of blue and white, ‘Pouffe’ can accompany Francoa ramosa.
Size: 12" – 15" high x 15" – 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Campanula alliariifolia
- Campanula ‘Birch Hybrid’
- Campanula carpatica var. turbinata
- Campanula garganica ‘Dickson’s Gold’
- Campanula glomerata ‘Caroline’
- Campanula ‘Kent Belle’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Avalanche’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Loddon Anna’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Prichard’s Variety’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘White Pouffe’
- Campanula latiloba ‘Alba’
- Campanula portenschlagiana
- Campanula poscharskyana ‘Blue Waterfall’
- Campanula poscharskyana ‘E. H. Frost’
- Campanula poscharskyana ‘Stella’
- Campanula punctata ‘Cherry Bells’
- Campanula ‘Purple Sensation’
- Campanula ‘Sarastro’
- Campanula sarmatica
- Campanula takesimana
- Campanula trachelium ‘Bernice’