White Wood Aster
We never tire of Aster’s cheerful daisy faces and the profusion of colors and sizes that make up this genus, from 6 ft. giants to tiny dwarf alpines. Our Asters, large and small, are tried and true performers in ordinary garden soil and full sun. Generally late summer bloomers, they provide lots of oomph when other perennials have petered out.
AVAILABLE SPRING 2019
Small white flowers like finely cut daisies, with a yellow center, and elongated heart-shaped, coarsely toothed, dark green leaves, are displayed in large clusters on sinuous, purple-black stems. This Aster is better-known in Europe, where it’s used to light up shady urban gardens. We find it indispensable in the country too, for its tolerance of dry, shady sites. A good plant for the front of the border, try it with Hypericum kouytchense or broad-leafed perennials.
Size: 15" – 18" high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Aster asperulus
- Aster ‘Bill’s Big Blue’
- Aster ‘Bridal Veil’
- Aster ‘Cassie’
- Aster ‘Coombe Fishacre’
- Aster cordifolius
- Aster cordifolius ‘Avondale’
- Aster cordifolius ‘Chieftain’
- Aster cordifolius ‘Little Carlow’
- Aster ericoides hyb. ‘Ringdove’
- Aster ericoides ‘Golden Spray’
- Aster ericoides ‘Monte Cassino’
- Aster x frikartii ‘Mönch’
- Aster laevis ‘Bluebird’
- Aster laevis ‘Climax’
- Aster lateriflorus ‘Bleke Bet’
- Aster lateriflorus ‘Lady in Black’
- Aster lateriflorus ‘White Lovely’
- Aster macrophyllus ‘Twilight’
- Aster novae-angliae ‘Harrington’s Pink’
- Aster novae-angliae ‘Purple Dome’
- Aster novi-belgii ‘Blue Danube’
- Aster novi-belgii ‘White Climax’
- Aster oblongifolius ‘Dream of Beauty’
- Aster oblongifolius ‘October Skies’
- Aster oblongifolius ‘Raydon’s Favorite’
- Aster ‘Ochtendgloren’
- Aster pyrenaeus ‘Lutetia’
- Aster tataricus ‘Jindai’
- Aster turbinellus
- Aster umbellatus