Dwarf Palm Sedge
A diverse genus comprised of nearly 1000 species, most Carex originate in the moist habitats of temperate climates. Our graceful selections are easy to grow and promise to soften those hard edges in your garden.
Truly pint-sized in all aspects, this easily cultivated fine textured sedge was introduced by Limerock Nursery of Pennsylvania. Thin, tapered bright green blades resemble miniature palms as they radiate out from lax stem tips.
Best relished up close, the slow spreading ‘Little Midge’ is a superb option for small water features or containers, bog gardens and the rockery; or plant multiples for a verdant ground cover. It endures sun or partial shade with ample moisture, but is tolerant of drier conditions.
Size: 8" – 12" high x 8" – 12" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Carex albula ‘Frosted Curls’
- Carex conica ‘Snowline’
- Carex divulsa
- Carex dolichostachya ‘Kaga Nishiki’
- Carex elata ‘Aurea’
- Carex elata ‘Knightshayes’
- Carex flacca (glauca)
- Carex flacca ‘Burton’s Blue’
- Carex flagellifera (Bronze)
- Carex morrowii ‘Ice Dance’
- Carex morrowii var. temnolepis ‘Silk Tassel’
- Carex muskingumensis ‘Oehme’
- Carex oshimensis ‘Evergold’
- Carex oshimensis ‘Gold Strike’
- Carex pensylvanica
- Carex ‘Silver Sceptre’
- Carex tenuiculmis
- Carex testacea
- Carex texensis