Frosted Curls Sedge
A diverse genus comprised of nearly 1000 species, most Carex originate in the moist habitats of temperate climates. Our graceful selections are easy to grow and promise to soften those hard edges in your garden.
Applauded as one of the most distinctive native New Zealand grasses, this Carex spotlights a frosted fountain of gracefully cascading hairlike blades. The iridescent light green leaves twist their tips and gleam with pewter highlights, while staging a dense evergreen clump that spills over rocks, walls or a favored patio container.
For an especially fluid display, ‘Frosted Curls’ is best planted en masse on a slope where its trailing foliage appears to flow like water.
Size: 12" high x 12" wide.
Hardy to zone 7.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Carex conica ‘Snowline’
- Carex divulsa
- Carex dolichostachya ‘Kaga Nishiki’
- Carex elata ‘Aurea’
- Carex elata ‘Knightshayes’
- Carex flacca (glauca)
- Carex flacca ‘Burton’s Blue’
- Carex flagellifera (Bronze)
- Carex morrowii ‘Ice Dance’
- Carex morrowii var. temnolepis ‘Silk Tassel’
- Carex muskingumensis ‘Little Midge’
- Carex muskingumensis ‘Oehme’
- Carex oshimensis ‘Evergold’
- Carex oshimensis ‘Gold Strike’
- Carex pensylvanica
- Carex ‘Silver Sceptre’
- Carex tenuiculmis
- Carex testacea
- Carex texensis