A diverse genus comprised of nearly 1000 species, most Carex originate in the moist habitats of temperate climates. Our graceful selections are easy to grow and promise to soften those hard edges in your garden.
With its sea of striking blue, Carnation-like foliage, this handsome Carex is aptly named. Glaucous, narrow blades create a noninvasive, slowly spreading mass. Purple-black spikes appear to float like a subtle mist just above the solid, jointless flowering stems. Easy to establish and indispensable as a low ground cover, Carex flacca tolerates drought, adapts to an array of growing conditions and effectively interweaves a tapestry of Heathers.
Size: 6" – 15" high x 12" – 15" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Carex albula ‘Frosted Curls’
- Carex conica ‘Snowline’
- Carex divulsa
- Carex dolichostachya ‘Kaga Nishiki’
- Carex elata ‘Aurea’
- Carex elata ‘Knightshayes’
- Carex flacca ‘Burton’s Blue’
- Carex flagellifera (Bronze)
- Carex morrowii ‘Ice Dance’
- Carex morrowii var. temnolepis ‘Silk Tassel’
- Carex muskingumensis ‘Little Midge’
- Carex muskingumensis ‘Oehme’
- Carex oshimensis ‘Evergold’
- Carex oshimensis ‘Gold Strike’
- Carex pensylvanica
- Carex ‘Silver Sceptre’
- Carex tenuiculmis
- Carex testacea
- Carex texensis