Giant Fountain Grass
The soft inflorescences take their name from the Latin words penna and seta meaning feather-bristle. This lovely grass is a favorite, distinguished by arching, feathery bottlebrush flowers spilling over a cascading mound of foliage.
A warm season grower, Fountain Grass welcomes hot weather and is widely distributed in both tropical and temperate areas.
Vigorous and heat-loving, and much larger than the species, this bushy Pakistani cultivar has a 3 to 4 ft. vase-like clump of green foliage, with wonderfully whitish “tails” touched by a muted pink ascending a full foot higher. Giant Fountain Grass makes a compelling ingredient in the mixed border, especially with tall Achilleas and Angelica gigas nearby. .
Size: 5-1/2' high x 3' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 6.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Foxtrot’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Cassian’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Hameln’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Moudry’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Piglet’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Red Head’
- Pennisetum ‘Fairy Tails’
- Pennisetum massaicum ‘Red Buttons’
- Pennisetum orientale
- Pennisetum orientale ‘Karley Rose’
- Pennisetum spathiolatum