Innovative landscape architect Wolfgang Oehme, who has included more than a million ornamental grasses in his designs since 1975, considers Molinias to be some of the very best performers of them all. Certainly the most kinetically exciting grass, Molinia’s sturdy stems hold the delicate, straw-colored panicles all season above dense, arching tufts of deep green foliage. To heighten the drama, give them plenty of room and a dark background.
An exquisite German selection of Moor Grass, this Molinia's wispy, flaxen-hued inflorescences nimbly sway on 2 ft. slender stems above a pleasing, compact clump of arching and slender green blades, which turns an intense orange-red in autumn. Clearly 'Moorflamme' proclaims its colorful intensity.
Size: 4' 0" high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Bergfreund’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Cordoba’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Karl Foerster’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Skyracer’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Staefa’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. caerulea ‘Heidebraut’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. caerulea ‘Strahlenquelle’
- Molinia caerulea ‘Dauerstrahl’
- Molinia caerulea ‘Moorhexe’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Transparent’
- Molinia litoralis ‘Windspiel’